Recent Blog Entries
- Progress Report VIII
In Overwatch: The Mod on Oct 27 2010 11:08 PM
- Spotlight #1: 1.3.0 (3+4/4)
In Overwatch: The Mod on Oct 21 2010 11:59 PM
- Spotlight #1: 1.3.0 (2/4)
In Overwatch: The Mod on Oct 19 2010 11:20 PM
- Spotlight #1: 1.3.0 (1/4)
In Overwatch: The Mod on Oct 19 2010 12:10 AM
- Progress Report VII
In Overwatch: The Mod on Oct 13 2010 07:39 PM
- owc_complex [Works and testing]
Last Post by Cg_comb-Zombie_tank on May 17 2013 11:42 AM
[ 1329 Views | 11 Replies ]
- IA! Gamemodes & Gamemode Ideas
Last Post by ScrooLewse on Mar 27 2013 10:11 PM
[ 1432 Views | 19 Replies ]
Last Post by Coppermantis on Feb 14 2013 03:07 AM
[ 961 Views | 6 Replies ]
- Steam Beta Must be Running?
Last Post by AndY on Dec 30 2012 07:45 PM
[ 398 Views | 1 Replies ]
- Bug with maps.
Last Post by Le Beau Jack on Dec 15 2012 01:24 PM
[ 533 Views | 11 Replies ]
- Listen Server on WAN
Last Post by AndY on Dec 08 2012 03:20 PM
[ 286 Views | 1 Replies ]
- Overwatch crashes at menu
Last Post by AndY on Dec 01 2012 11:38 AM
[ 350 Views | 5 Replies ]
- Co-op with Alyx
Last Post by ignacio15 on Nov 15 2012 05:16 PM
[ 362 Views | 0 Replies ]
- ow_escapeadel(may change)
Last Post by rickinator9 on Oct 20 2012 11:40 AM
[ 5123 Views | 80 Replies ]
- Owc_complex [ Changes and status of units and what should be after the rebels will be escaped ]
Last Post by Cg_comb-Zombie_tank on Oct 18 2012 01:09 PM
[ 1191 Views | 0 Replies ]
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users
Brand New Update (1.5.0) & OST: in 7 Days!
And here we are, kicking off a hot and sunny summer season (or a cold and cloudy winter season for some) with a drool-inducing triple bill!
That's right! In under a week, we'll be unveiling three awesome surprises we've been keeping somewhat secret for a while:
- The long-awaited next Overwatch update (1.5.0),
- Overwatch's very own OST (which is pure ear candy, by the way),
- A pretty sweet Intruder Alert! news post (IA! being Overwatch's spiritual successor).
→ What's New in 1.5.0?
Version 1.5.0 is Overwatch's first big update since 1.3.5's release at the close of 2010.
As we explained in our previous news post, we've been hard at work on Intruder Alert! for the past year or so, and even though IA! is essentially a bigger, better and more complete version of Overwatch, we weren't ready to simply give up on the Half-Life² modification you've all come to love and enjoy (all 100,000+ of you!).
For that reason, we've worked very closely with members of our community to bring you exactly what you've been asking for: more stuff! What stuff? Well keep reading to find out!
▪ In the Spotlight
- Breach & Breached: The original Breach, one of the first two levels released, always ended with players' screens fading to black and revealing a cryptic "To Be Continued.." message. In addition to completely revamping the original level, part two of the series (which we've named Breached) is finally ready, featuring the mighty Strider, a fun new objective type, and a train ride rebels won't want to miss!
- Super Fortress, Traverse & Outbreak: Designed and built by three of our very own community members in collaboration with our development team, these brand new levels are just what the doctor ordered. Each features a unique environment, tons of unpredictable enemies and traps, and fun objectives to boot. The addition of these three levels brings Overwatch's total up to eight!
- Strider (& Warp Cannon): Available in Breached, the Overwatch-controllable Strider comes equipped with a powerful Pulse Cannon, Spiked Limbs (to stomp rebel daredevils), and a "Warp Cannon" ability. Let the screaming begin!
- Carpet Bombing: Those pesky rebels giving your Hunter-Chopper a hard time? Annihilate them with a salvo of timed explosives using the new "Carpet Bomb" ability!
- RiotShield: Originally a simple prop from Half-Life², the Defender role's bullet-blocking shield is now a fully-modelled and textured weapon hashed together by the great minds in the Resistance camp (with a little help from our wonderful community).
→ Overwatch: Original Soundtrack
Composed by our lovable Swedish
We'll have much more information posted about the OST soon. In the meantime, here's a small taste!
Assault (OST Track #4) - Originally intended to be used in the Citadel level, we instead opted for the much more subtle tones of the aptly-named Citadel track (OST #6). You'll notice that there are still many similarities between the two!
Prometheus (OST Track #18) - Only ever used in one of our first trailers, this variation of the Main Menu track has a much faster beat. Echoes (OST #15), which is also a variation of the main theme, can be found exclusively on the OST and is definitely one of our favourites!
→ It's Not Over Yet!
While this will likely be the last major update we release for the mod, the Overwatch saga is far from over.
Version 1.5.5 is already being put together (and is targeted for release within a few months of 1.5.0), and aside from tweaks and minor improvements, it'll feature a fourth new level created by a member of our community!
And let's not forget Intruder Alert! which packs the same popular and fun gameplay found in Overwatch. We have a tall stack of plans for IA! (and are working hard to get that first release out), so be sure to follow our progress on its news page.
In the meantime, keep yourselves busy with Overwatch!
We hope you're as excited as we are for what's to come! Don't forget to return when that week is up!