Toggle Message Visibility   Welcome to our Community, Guest!

Get involved and become a part of our growing community. It's absolutely free! Register an account and join us today. Already a member? Sign in!

Issue information

• 0 - None Assigned

• Resolved - Unable to Reproduce

• -

• -

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Import Spray Program Crash

Posted by Steau on 12 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

Pix, you owe me a beer.

You too now? :p Thanks for the report.

Updating status to: Pending - Awaiting Feedback
Updating State to: Pending

Steau, on 12 August 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

Pix, you owe me a beer.
Hi Steau,

Can you try following the same steps in Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, and another Orange Box-based mod like GoldenEye: Source, to help determine if this could be an engine problem?

Also, can you check your Steam folder for a dump file? They are located in Steam\steamapps\<your account>\source sdk base 2007 and look like: hl2_4104_crash_2010_7_27T22_25_1C0.mdmp

If you find one, please attach it here.

Does it also hang if you try selecting the file by browsing to it without going through the mapped drive?

I tried with GE:S and had no issue. I don't have any other Orange Box/SDK 2007 mods at the moment that utilize sprays. HL2:DM (fresh install, first launch) no issue either. I looked for a mdmp file but didn't find one - only two from GE:S. When I was first troubleshooting this with Pix, he mentioned lack of a mdmp file could be a result of the program going into an infinite loop.

No hangs on the system drive (C:), and no hangs on my second hard drive (D:\) anymore. BUT, and here's the good news, I recreated the issue with my third drive (E:\). Same exact steps, same issue. Ok on mouse and drop down menu navigation. And now I can't crash it since using the mouse and drop down to explore the drive first.

I was starting to worry it was a fluke.

Steau, on 13 August 2010 - 01:07 PM, said:

I tried with GE:S and had no issue. I don't have any other Orange Box/SDK 2007 mods at the moment that utilize sprays. HL2:DM (fresh install, first launch) no issue either. I looked for a mdmp file but didn't find one - only two from GE:S. When I was first troubleshooting this with Pix, he mentioned lack of a mdmp file could be a result of the program going into an infinite loop.

No hangs on the system drive (C:), and no hangs on my second hard drive (D:\) anymore. BUT, and here's the good news, I recreated the issue with my third drive (E:\). Same exact steps, same issue. Ok on mouse and drop down menu navigation. And now I can't crash it since using the mouse and drop down to explore the drive first.

I was starting to worry it was a fluke.
I might be a bit tired, but that last part is a bit fuzzy. Could you rephrase it please?

I recreated the issue navigating to a third, unexplored hard drive. After navigating to the third drive in game using just the mouse (no typing), I am unable to make the game freeze anymore.

Updating status to: Pending - Ongoing Research

This one's proving to be a bit difficult to reproduce.

changed status to: Resolved - Unable to Reproduce
changed version to: No Version Assigned

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users