[owc_SuperFortress] Released in 1.5.0!
Coppermantis
12 Jun 2011
It's been a Looonnnggg time. How have you been? Anyways, Sorry for lack of news, i've been distracted with a) finals (which are now over for me!) b) my own HL2 mod and c) Portal 2 mapping. My apologies. So, I've got good news: I've updated it with some new features and made it actually work with a full compile. Unfortunately, to do so, I had to eliminate the whole ending stretch, but that doesn;t matter because the other parts were so hard that no one got there anyways. So, Now that that's fixed this might actually go into the dev build. Still not totally done as it has't been playtested intensively but at least there's some progress.
rickinator9
13 Jun 2011
Coppermantis, on 12 June 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:
It's been a Looonnnggg time. How have you been? Anyways, Sorry for lack of news, i've been distracted with a) finals (which are now over for me!) b) my own HL2 mod and c) Portal 2 mapping. My apologies. So, I've got good news: I've updated it with some new features and made it actually work with a full compile. Unfortunately, to do so, I had to eliminate the whole ending stretch, but that doesn;t matter because the other parts were so hard that no one got there anyways. So, Now that that's fixed this might actually go into the dev build. Still not totally done as it has't been playtested intensively but at least there's some progress.
I'm feeling like they actually use the dev build to playtest before it goes into "classic" overwatch. It's just waiting for AndY to get better.
Coppermantis
11 Dec 2011
Detailing is just about done with the exception of a few brushes that got missed by the art pass.

A previously dev-textured area now has real textures

The remains of a Hunter-Chopper after being shot down defending the fortress.
Edited by Coppermantis, 12 December 2011 - 12:47 AM.

A previously dev-textured area now has real textures

The remains of a Hunter-Chopper after being shot down defending the fortress.
Edited by Coppermantis, 12 December 2011 - 12:47 AM.
rickinator9
12 Dec 2011
I will be anticipating this map for the dev version. Any chance it will get in there?
Coppermantis
12 Dec 2011
AndY
12 Dec 2011
rickinator9, on 12 December 2011 - 09:21 AM, said:
I will be anticipating this map for the dev version. Any chance it will get in there?
I think Sam's map (Traverse) will be in there as well. Not sure yet about the others.
rickinator9
12 Dec 2011
I can tell you which are good and which are not. Traverse is.
AndY
12 Dec 2011
rickinator9, on 12 December 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:
I can tell you which are good and which are not. Traverse is.
Other maps would likely require much more work and, unfortunately, it's not something we have time for (we'll release them separately for anyone who wants them). That's why I'm glad Coppermantis is still around and working on SuperFortress; we'll definitely be helping him to get it perfectly ready to be included in the pub build, but at least he'll be doing the bulk of the work.
Coppermantis
12 Dec 2011
Yeah, It's done for the most part, but still needs some polish. Does anyone know how to get the flashing effect around the console hacking area? I'm guessing it's just a particle effect, but what's the name?
EDIT: I found some stuff in the game files called "Cap_zone_white" and stuff like that. Are these related?
EDIT 1.5: I just saw the post on how to replicate the consoles.
EDIT 2: And I'm just about certain it will be ready for the build in January since winter break is almost upon me, so I'll have a few weeks of free time to map.
Edited by Coppermantis, 12 December 2011 - 05:26 PM.
EDIT: I found some stuff in the game files called "Cap_zone_white" and stuff like that. Are these related?
EDIT 1.5: I just saw the post on how to replicate the consoles.
EDIT 2: And I'm just about certain it will be ready for the build in January since winter break is almost upon me, so I'll have a few weeks of free time to map.
Edited by Coppermantis, 12 December 2011 - 05:26 PM.
AndY
12 Dec 2011
rickinator9, on 12 December 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:
Guess you will be archiving mine then
Copper: Apologies for hijacking your thread.
I'll need to talk to you before Jan since we'd still need to test it and make a few tweaks before the deadline, so don't wait too long.
Coppermantis
12 Dec 2011
As of now I'm just getting the hack objective to a more professional method. The way I had it, the progress was determined by a bunch of func_movelinears, but the official way seems better, albeit a little more complicated.
Coppermantis
16 Dec 2011
This is hopefully my last question pertaining to this map: How does one make a generator destruction objective? Mine at the moment only take damage, they don't broadcast how much damage they've taken.
The Joker
16 Dec 2011
Coppermantis, on 16 December 2011 - 01:44 AM, said:
This is hopefully my last question pertaining to this map: How does one make a generator destruction objective? Mine at the moment only take damage, they don't broadcast how much damage they've taken.
You would probably need a damage filter, math_counter, and a breakable surface with nodraw attached. You set up the health bar in coordination with the math_counter for how many times the func_breakable is damaged(by grenades, use a filter).
A1win
16 Dec 2011
The Joker, on 16 December 2011 - 01:47 AM, said:
You would probably need a damage filter, math_counter, and a breakable surface with nodraw attached. You set up the health bar in coordination with the math_counter for how many times the func_breakable is damaged(by grenades, use a filter).
That seems otherwise good, except that you don't need the math_counter (and I'm not sure if it would even work with it), as you can simply make the func_breakable send its OnHealthChanged output into the objective (bar) entity. It sends the breakable's health value as a float between 0 and 1, which means the bar should have its minimum set to 0 and maximum set to 1.
Coppermantis
16 Dec 2011
A1win, on 16 December 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:
That seems otherwise good, except that you don't need the math_counter (and I'm not sure if it would even work with it), as you can simply make the func_breakable send its OnHealthChanged output into the objective (bar) entity. It sends the breakable's health value as a float between 0 and 1, which means the bar should have its minimum set to 0 and maximum set to 1.
Hmm, I didn't even know you could do that. Thanks for all your help at various times, guys, My map is a lot better because of all of it.
Coppermantis
19 Dec 2011
So to clarify, my I/O setup would look like this?
OnHealthChanged>Gen2_indicator>Setprogressratio
Edited by Coppermantis, 19 December 2011 - 07:56 PM.
OnHealthChanged>Gen2_indicator>Setprogressratio
Edited by Coppermantis, 19 December 2011 - 07:56 PM.
Coppermantis
19 Dec 2011
Yeah, tested it out and it seems that it can only display one at a time. I have two generators but the progress indicator only shows for one. Is this true or am I doing something wrong?
A1win
20 Dec 2011
You can have multiple progress indicators visible at a time, just like there are in ow_citadel. You just need to turn them on when you want them to show. Make sure the names are right and that you're giving the inputs for the right names. I can't really guess what's wrong without any more specifics of the entity setup.


