[owc_quarry] Quarry
WAXT
11 Dec 2010
Jgoodroad, on 11 December 2010 - 02:36 AM, said:
well, I seem to be on the right track to fixing my portal flow problems, and whilst I was at it I...
Jgoodroad, on 11 December 2010 - 02:36 AM, said:
- AR2 added to armory
Jgoodroad
11 Dec 2010
portal flow still getting stuck at the 0...1...2 mark, If only I knew what it was trying to do.
why remove the ar2? they worked in outbreak.
why remove the ar2? they worked in outbreak.
The Joker
11 Dec 2010
Jgoodroad, on 11 December 2010 - 02:04 PM, said:
portal flow still getting stuck at the 0...1...2 mark, If only I knew what it was trying to do.
why remove the ar2? they worked in outbreak.
why remove the ar2? they worked in outbreak.
The AR2 is bad. Very bad. Resistance should NOT be able to use it, at least right now. I doubt it worked in Outbreak, that will be a flaw for it later. Keep the standard OW Rebel weapons.
Instant Loser
11 Dec 2010
I really don't know what you're talking about. The AR2 works fine in my map. The ammo model is messed up in hammer, but that's it. Is there something I'm missing?
EDIT: Or are you saying that it won't work in the future? Or that it just looks like it's working but really doesn't?
EDIT: Or are you saying that it won't work in the future? Or that it just looks like it's working but really doesn't?
The Joker
11 Dec 2010
Instant Loser, on 11 December 2010 - 04:13 PM, said:
I really don't know what you're talking about. The AR2 works fine in my map. The ammo model is messed up in hammer, but that's it. Is there something I'm missing?
EDIT: Or are you saying that it won't work in the future? Or that it just looks like it's working but really doesn't?
EDIT: Or are you saying that it won't work in the future? Or that it just looks like it's working but really doesn't?
I don't know how to say it... Unbalanced I guess? Its deadly accurate, and has quite a bit of firepower. MAYBE if you were to limit the amount of ammo available it could work, but with the circumstances of Overwatch right now, its too much.
Instant Loser
11 Dec 2010
Is it any different than standard HL2 or HL2DM? Seems OK to me... under the right circumstances.
I mean, is it more powerful than the crossbow or the rocket launcher?
I mean, is it more powerful than the crossbow or the rocket launcher?
Instant Loser
11 Dec 2010
For me at least, it freezes on 1...2... or near there and unfreezes 5 minutes later when it finishes. I'd check task manager to see if vvis or vrad is using a bunch of CPU power. If it is, it's still working. Also use the cordon tool for fast test compiles, especially for lighting tweaks. Func_details everywhere. You probably already know all this.
WAXT
11 Dec 2010
Quote
I compiled on fast, AR2 works ingame
I was hoping it would be another feature to seperate mine from the rest. I guess everyone is thinking along the same lines.
Also, on fast? You must be having some serious problems. I can compile on normal in 10 secs. The only problem i've had is when i tried out a full HDR compile. It got stuck building visleafs i think...oh well, nothing time can't fix.
The Joker
11 Dec 2010
WAXT, on 11 December 2010 - 10:16 PM, said:
I know. That's the reason i wanted you to remove it
I was hoping it would be another feature to seperate mine from the rest. I guess everyone is thinking along the same lines.
Also, on fast? You must be having some serious problems. I can compile on normal in 10 secs. The only problem i've had is when i tried out a full HDR compile. It got stuck building visleafs i think...oh well, nothing time can't fix..gif)
I was hoping it would be another feature to seperate mine from the rest. I guess everyone is thinking along the same lines.
Also, on fast? You must be having some serious problems. I can compile on normal in 10 secs. The only problem i've had is when i tried out a full HDR compile. It got stuck building visleafs i think...oh well, nothing time can't fix.
Are you guys really using the AR2? That's terrible. and WAXT, you aren't really any different from Outbreak and Quarry lolz
Jgoodroad
12 Dec 2010
I have always planned on using the AR2... I didn't think it was really anything special...
And I have left my compile running for over 24 hours with no change... and when I close down hammer? vvis still runs... so I have to restart my computer.
And I have left my compile running for over 24 hours with no change... and when I close down hammer? vvis still runs... so I have to restart my computer.
Reaper
12 Dec 2010
sooo.... I'm not the only one finishin' up still?
yeah for procratinators!!!
yeah for procratinators!!!
WAXT
12 Dec 2010
The Joker, on 11 December 2010 - 11:29 PM, said:
Are you guys really using the AR2? That's terrible. and WAXT, you aren't really any different from Outbreak and Quarry lolz
So sneaky like!
Quote
and when I close down hammer? vvis still runs... so I have to restart my computer.
Jgoodroad
12 Dec 2010
I got all the way to 0...1...2...3!
but I don't know If I can enter or not... tis the 11 hour.
but I don't know If I can enter or not... tis the 11 hour.
WAXT
12 Dec 2010
The Joker
12 Dec 2010
WAXT, on 12 December 2010 - 07:31 PM, said:
11:30 to be exact.
this is on normal compile right? do we need to do a full HDR compile before submitting?
this is on normal compile right? do we need to do a full HDR compile before submitting?
No. I believe you don't even need to it to be a VVIS normal compile, though your final map version for the contest would suffer performance and lightning wise.
WAXT
12 Dec 2010
The Joker, on 12 December 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:
No. I believe you don't even need to it to be a VVIS normal compile, though your final map version for the contest would suffer performance and lightning wise.
Jgoodroad
13 Dec 2010
well, that's it, out of time, can't submit game over.
guess I'll have better luck next contest... damn portal flow.
guess I'll have better luck next contest... damn portal flow.
Kil
13 Dec 2010
Jgoodroad, instead of the BSP, send us the VMF and we'll sort it out. So send the vmf along with all the other assets (overview files, mapinfo file, custom textures/sounds if any etc etc).


