[owc_airship] Airship
Quenquent
15 Dec 2010
This map is not for the contest
In this map, the rebels have build a improvised air ship to flee the Combine soldiers. The problem : they follown them with 4 dropship. The Rebels must keep the 5 propeller activated during 5 minutes.
This is my first Overwatch map, like many players here.
The map is pretty small, some of you will said "This look like one of the levels of the Simpsons : the game" and I answer to them : yes.
But I need some backup to finish my map, please :
- I want, when the combine have disable every propeller, to declare the Overwatch winner. How can I do thit?
- When a combine soldier spawn, I want to give him a destination to go. Again, how can I do this?
- Finally, I want, every time a propeller is disable, to give a message like "a propeller has been disable". How can I do this?
Thank you for you help
In this map, the rebels have build a improvised air ship to flee the Combine soldiers. The problem : they follown them with 4 dropship. The Rebels must keep the 5 propeller activated during 5 minutes.
This is my first Overwatch map, like many players here.
The map is pretty small, some of you will said "This look like one of the levels of the Simpsons : the game" and I answer to them : yes.
But I need some backup to finish my map, please :
- I want, when the combine have disable every propeller, to declare the Overwatch winner. How can I do thit?
- When a combine soldier spawn, I want to give him a destination to go. Again, how can I do this?
- Finally, I want, every time a propeller is disable, to give a message like "a propeller has been disable". How can I do this?
Thank you for you help
Instant Loser
15 Dec 2010
Quenquent, on 15 December 2010 - 12:10 PM, said:
But I need some backup to finish my map, please :
- I want, when the combine have disable every propeller, to declare the Overwatch winner. How can I do thit?
- When a combine soldier spawn, I want to give him a destination to go. Again, how can I do this?
- Finally, I want, every time a propeller is disable, to give a message like "a propeller has been disable". How can I do this?
- I want, when the combine have disable every propeller, to declare the Overwatch winner. How can I do thit?
- When a combine soldier spawn, I want to give him a destination to go. Again, how can I do this?
- Finally, I want, every time a propeller is disable, to give a message like "a propeller has been disable". How can I do this?
Get a math_counter with max value 5. Put an output on each propeller when it's disabled to add one to the counter. Put an output on the counter for OnHitMaxValue that goes to a game_end_ow with the EndRoundGMWin input.
To do that, try using an ai_scriptedschedule with TargetNPC set to "npc_combine s", search radius to large enough to cover the spawn, all in radius set to yes, schedule to run "run to goal entity", and goal entity to the name of an info_target where you want them to go. After spawning, give it a StartSchedule input.
Easy way:
Put an env_message somewhere in your map and have each propeller send a ShowMessage input to it.
Hard way:
You can put an output on the propellers for when they are disabled to give the GetValue input to the counter I mentioned (add a delay so it's after adding to it). Add an OnGetValue output to the counter that goes to a logic_case with the values from 1 to 5. Add outputs for OnCase01 to OnCase05 that go to different env_messages with the ShowMessage input. This way you can have messages like "Three propellers have been disabled!"
Sorry if I went into too much detail.
Reaper
16 Dec 2010
lol THE HARD WAY! But still, good tutorial and great idea for a theme of a map.
Raphi123
17 Dec 2010
This was helpful!
Im working on a map too atm.
Already was searching for that stuff but didnt found any. thanks!
btw: nice idea!
Im working on a map too atm.
Already was searching for that stuff but didnt found any. thanks!
btw: nice idea!
Quenquent
20 Dec 2010
Thank you Instant Loser for your help. My map is almost finished.....but I need help again :
How can I create a wall than only combine can go throught (barrier shield) ?
I give screenshot when I can
How can I create a wall than only combine can go throught (barrier shield) ?
I give screenshot when I can
Jgoodroad
20 Dec 2010
entities box / hl2prefab/combinesheildwall
there's a prefab for that XD
there's a prefab for that XD
Quenquent
21 Dec 2010
Oh.........thank you .gif)
Screenshot :
owc_airship0001.jpg (93.11K)
downloads: 33
owc_airship0000.jpg (89.89K)
downloads: 26
owc_airship0002.jpg (126.63K)
downloads: 11
Screenshot :
owc_airship0001.jpg (93.11K)
downloads: 33
owc_airship0000.jpg (89.89K)
downloads: 26
owc_airship0002.jpg (126.63K)
downloads: 11
WAXT
21 Dec 2010
Quenquent
05 Jan 2011
And my map is finally over ! Tell me if you see bug or got an idea to improve it!
http://www.toofiles....wc_airship.html
http://www.toofiles....wc_airship.html
Quenquent
21 Jan 2011
Excuse me but someone tested the map? I want to know what I must change.
Trainzack
07 Feb 2011
BMT
24 Mar 2012
What happened with this map? Your download link has went down Quenquent, did the final map change much from the earlier screenshots?


