←  Discussions, Ideas & Concepts

rM Community

»

GM Player and Triggers

braddollar's Photo braddollar 20 Oct 2010

So I've been dicking around with ideas I've got for some maps, and a couple of them involve triggers and the GM player. Unfortunately in testing I've been unable to get a trigger to be activated by the GM. I have tried multiple different trigger entities, but none seem to be able to be triggered by the GM player.

Here's my guess as to how it works, when the GM zooms in he is actually moving in the world similar to a normal player. Assuming this is true, then the GM could inadvertently activate triggers that were intended for the rebel players by zooming in to the "wrong" spot if they did not have team filters. Being that you are not normally going to want the GM to set off trigger, I could see that it makes sense to just disable the GM's ability to do so in the code. It would save the time and effort of making filters that would be needed on 99% of the triggers to prevent the GM activating the triggers.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is it something similar to what I said?
Quote

AndY's Photo AndY 20 Oct 2010

Hey Brad,

Actually, the GM is outside the world. When he zooms in, all it does is change his field of view, nothing moves.

I don't think you'll be able to get the GM to trigger much just by moving, not without a bunch of code work on our end.
Quote